Awesome Godot ¶
A curated list of free/libre games, plugins, add-ons and scripts for Godot.
Looking for third-party programming language support in Godot? See Vivraan/godot-lang-support.
Open Source Games that use Godot.
- Everplast - Unique 2D platforming experience filled with rage, rush, speed, and spray.
- Falling Square - A simple mobile game to test your reflex.
- Librerama - A free/libre fast-paced arcade collection of mini-games.
- Pocket Broomball - The world's first broomball game, available for iOS, Android and html5.
- Portal 2D - 2D remake of the Portal games.
- spindle of serendipity - Word guessing game with customizable entries.
- SuperStarfighter - Fast-paced local party game with starships that battle in a top-down arena.
- TuxBuilder - Work-in-progress reimplementation of SuperTux.
- Blipshift - Simple top-down moving platforms game.
- Circle Jump - Mobile arcade game, addicting and enjoyable. How-to-made tutorial is available, so you can recreate it yourself and learn Godot.
- Haldric - Official work-in-progress reimplementation of Battle for Wesnoth.
- SealedBite - 2D platformer game, winner of the GitHub Game Off 2019 jam.
- Unknown Horizons - Official work-in-progress reimplementation of Unknown Horizons.
- BlockPop - A simple Breakout clone.
- Bombs - Simple mobile game. You need to touch bombs to defuse them.
- Captain Holetooth - Explorative platformer in a detailed world. Geared towards younger players.
- Dolphin Island 2 - Platformer game made for the A Game By It's Cover 2015 Game Jam.
- DynaDungeons - Bomberman clone in a fantasy universe.
- Kraken-Rampage - Ludum Dare 33 entry made in 48 hours.
- Minehunter - A Minesweeper clone.
- Minilens - Free puzzle platform game.
- Mountain of Hope - Game made on Theater Game Jam (PGA 2015).
- Ninja-Training - Small running game done as 1 hour challenge.
- No hope - Ludum Dare 33 entry made in 48 hours.
- Planet Rider - 2D physics parkour game in an alien environment.
- Platshoot - A 2D shooter game.
- Ringed - Top-down shooter with extensive usage of light effects.
- Tanks of Freedom - Free turn-based isometric strategy game.
- Three Hungry Mice - Breakout game with mice made for the Godot Engine Jam of March 2016.
- Ball2Box - Shoot the ball into the box, available for iOS, Android and html5.
- Boom - A very simple, old fashion FPS, work-in-progress but playable.
- Broken Seals - A work-in-progress third person action RPG with multiplayer support (needs custom engine modules).
- Super Tux Party - A free/libre and open-source party game that is meant to replicate the feel of games such as Mario Party.
- Tanks of Freedom II - Free turn-based isometric strategy game in voxel art.
- Thrive - A free, open-source game about the evolution of life (Mono).
- Rapid Rescue - Rapid Rescue is a local multiplayer strategy game inspired by Labyrinth.
- Meteorite - A lowres metroidvania FPS, inspired by Metroid Prime, made for LOWREZJAM 2018.
- Cheese Hunter - A game for Godot Engine Jam of March 2016.
Non-game Open source projects made with Godot (tools/utilities).
- Clipboard Narrator - Turn any web page into an audiobook, works in the background on desktop!
- GATT - Godot Autotile Texture Templater - A tool for generating 2x2 and 3x3 autotile tilesets in whichever size and colour needed.
- Arrow - A tool to design game narratives with nodes.
- Godello - A Trello-like kanban board application made with Godot. A proof of concept for complex non-game applications with Godot, as well real-time online interactions between multiple users. Includes backend code.
- Lorien - Infinite-canvas drawing/whiteboarding app for Windows, Linux and macOS. Supports drawing tablets and pressure sensitivity.
- Material Maker - Create PBR materials procedurally (similar to Substance Designer).
- Pixelorama - 2D pixel art editor.
- ProtonGraph - Node-based tool for procedural content creation. Like visual scripting, but for 3D model generation (needs custom engine modules).
- vpuppr - A cross-platform VTuber application with mulitple tracking backends.
Projects to use as a base for your own games.
- bendn's Godot Template - Game template using the gpm, with itch.io pushing and builds automated. Starter CLI included.
- Crystal Bit Godot Game Template - Opinionated game template. It includes continuous integration, scene loading with graphic transitions and game pause handling.
- First Person Starter - Template with First Person Controller, easily adjustable from the Inspector.
- Godot First Person Camera - A simple FPS starter with jumping, movement, flashlight and a player character with animations.
- Godot FPS Template - A free first person game template for the Godot Engine.
- Godot Game Of Life - Conway's Game of life using shaders.
- Minimum Game - Template top-down 2D pixel art game, with multiple rooms, a HUD, menus, and autosaving.
- Multiplayer First Person Shooter - Multiplayer first person shooter example project.
- Multiplayer Third Person Shooter - Multiplayer third person shooter example project.
- Godot-GameTemplate - Template with all necessary stuff taken care of. Designed for pixel art games.
Demos to learn GDScript, its concepts, and various game features.
- Godot Demo Projects - Official Godot demo projects (everything except the TPS demo).
- TPS Demo - Official Godot third person shooter (TPS) demo with high quality graphics.
- Godot experiments - Several 2D, 3D and VR experiments.
- The Tower - A voxel-based parkour game to show the capabilities of the Voxelman module.
- Realistic Water Shader - Realistic 3D water shader with foam and caustics.
- OpenRPG - JRPG-style game demo and template.
- voxelgame - Minecraft-like voxel terrain demo, utilising the godot_voxel module.
- Open Source A-RPG Demo - RPG demo.
- FPS Test - A singleplayer FPS test. Physics work, but there are no enemies and no proper shooting.
- Pathfinding 2d - A demo project demonstrating pathfinding using a tilemap.
- UDP Snapshot interpolation - Lets you connect to a server and view networked physics.
- UDP State synchronization - A more efficient networking demo than the snapshot interpolation one.
- Voxel Game - Minecraft-like voxel terrain demo.
The list of tutorials has moved to the Godot documentation.
Plugins and scripts¶
Scripts that let you do new stuff, or enhance Godot functionality.
Various Godot versions¶
- 2D Day/Night Cycle - A ☀️ Day / 🌔 Night cycle for 2D (Godot 3.x).
- 2D Destructible Objects - A script that takes a sprite, divides it into blocks and makes them explode💥 (Godot 3.x).
- AgonesSDK - Plugin to add Agones SDK functionality to Godot (Godot 3.x).
- Anima - Run sequential and parallel animations with less code compared to Tween (Godot 3.x).
- Aseprite Wizard - Plugin for importing animations from Aseprite as SpriteFrames (Godot 3.x).
- AutoColliders - Allows the automatic generation of colliders for Sprites, with planned expansion to handle 3D meshes in the future (Godot 3.x).
- BoxCam2D - Simplest way to implement grid-based 2D camera movement (Godot 3.x).
- CRT Shader - A Godot shader that simulates CRT Displays with many shader parameters (Godot 3.x).
- Cyclops Level Builder - A level builder for quick prototypes and proof-of-concepts (Godot 4.x).
- Dialogue Manager - A simple but powerful text based branching dialogue editor and runtime (Godot 3.x, 4.x).
- EffekseerForGodot3 - Import Effekseer particle effects (Godot 3.x).
- Escoria - Point & click adventure game framework (Godot 2.1, 3.2+).
- Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) - Fast Fourier Transform in GDScript (Godot 4.x).
- GdUnit3 - Godot Unit Testing Framework (Godot 3.x).
- GodotNotificationCenter - A notification center (Godot 3.x).
- GodotPhoenixChannels - A GDScript and Godot Engine implementation for the Channels API of the Phoenix Framework (Godot 3.*).
- Godot Radial Menu - A radial menu written in shader code for performance.
- Godot Recipes - A large collection of tutorials and techniques, both big and small.
- Godot Shaders - A large library of free and open-source shaders for 2D and 3D.
- Godot SQLite - GDNative wrapper for SQLite, making it possible to use SQLite databases as data storage in your project (Godot 3.2+).
- GodotTIE - Text Interface Engine to control text output (like in a RPG dialogue) (Godot 2.x, 3.x).
- gterm - GUI control that draws something similar to *nix terminal emulators (Godot >= 2.1).
- GUT - Utility for writing unit tests in GDScript (Godot 3.x).
- HTerrain - Heightmap-based terrain. Supports texture painting, colouring, holes, level of detail and grass (Godot 3.x).
- Importality - raster graphics and animations importers: Aseprite, Krita, Pencil2D, Piskel, Pixelorama and others (Godot 4.x).
- InGrid - Infinite scrolling grid (Godot 3.x).
- Input Helper - A helper for detecting input devices and remapping controls (Godot 3.x, 4.x).
- obs-websocket-gd - Script and editor plugin to control Open Broadcaster Software from Godot via obs-websocket (Godot 3.x).
- Orchestrator - Dialog and visual-scripting subsystem for 2D and 3D games (Godot 4.x).
- Ridiculous Coding - Makes your coding experience in Godot 1000× more ridiculous (Godot 3.x).
- Scene Manager - Make nice and customizable scene transitions in one line of code (Godot 3.x, 4.0.alpha).
- Scrolling Background - A scrolling background node (Godot 2.1,3.x).
- SimpleGodotCRTShader - A simple Godot shader that simulates CRT Displays (Godot 2.x, 3.x).
- Simplified Flight Simulation library - A library that helps you create a simple airplane/helicopter/spaceship flight simulator (Godot 3.x, 4.x).
- SignalVisualizer - Displays the current scene's signals and connections in a easy to read graph and tree dock (Godot 4.x).
- SMRT-Godot - A dialog system and editor fairly customizable, a nice fit for story-driven games (Godot 3.x).
- StoryTeller Engine - Dialog and interactive fiction engine (Godot 3.x).
- Tiled importer - Import maps from Tiled (Godot 3.x).
- TileSet Builder - Quickly build tilesets with style (Godot 3.x).
- AntialiasedLine2D - Higher-quality antialiased Line2D and Polygon2D drawing compared to the default Godot implementation (GLES3 + GLES2, all platforms).
- Cartographer - Heightmap-based 3D terrain editor.
- CSG Mesh Exporter (.OBJ) - Export CSG nodes to OBJ meshes to improve editing performance.
- Code Snapshot - A plugin which lets you take beautified screenshots of your code within the editor.
- Debanding Material Shader - Simple material shader with added debanding noise, for use with the GLES2 renderer as it doesn't support full-screen debanding.
- Delaunator GDScript - A GDScript library for Delaunay triangulation of 2D points.
- Dialogic - Create dialogs, characters and scenes to display conversations.
- Dijkstra map for Godot - A GDNative project for Godot game engine, that introduces Dijktra Map pathfinding node.
- Discord.gd - Discord bot API wrapper. Make bots in 100% GDScript.
- Funexpected Flash Tools - Adobe Animate (Flash) plugin that allows you to export a project for a Godot Engine.
- GDGIFExporter - GIF exporter made entirely in GDScript.
- GitHub integration - Interact with GitHub without opening your browser.
- GDGotm - GDScript API for gotm.io.
- godotccd - Fast 3D collision checks in Godot using libccd.
- godotdetour - A GDNative implementation of the detour/detourcrowd library.
- GodotDiscordSDK - A GDNative wrapper for the Discord Game SDK, adding support for its functionality in GDScript without recompiling the engine (as opposed to something like godotcord which is a custom engine module).
- Godot GamePad - Allows players to use their mobile devices as controllers.
- Godot Gif Getter - An in-game utility for recording and saving GIFs (written in GDNative Rust).
- godot-ink - A C# (Mono) plugin to integrate stories writen in ink, a scripting language for writing interactive narrative.
- Godot NExt - A set of basic node extensions.
- Godot Mixing Desk - Make procedural sound and adaptive/procedural music with a few nodes and a couple lines of code.
- GodotOnReady - A C# (Mono) alternative to the GDScript-only
onreadykeyword, without reflection.
- GodotRx - Reactive extensions for Godot C# (Mono).
- godot-ply - In-editor box modelling for gray boxing or prototyping 3D levels.
- Godot Polygon 2D Fracture - Two simple scripts for fracturing and cutting polygons.
- Godot-Trail-System - Advanced 2D/3D trail system.
- Godot VirtualJoystick - A simple vitual joystick for mobile devices.
- Kehom's Godot Addon Pack - A collection of addons for debugging, networking, UI, and more.
- Level of Detail (LOD) - Level of detail add-on for meshes, lights and particles. Can improve performance in large scenes.
- Line Collider 2D - A script which adds colliders that follow an array of Line2Ds (useful for prototypes).
- MDFramework - A C# multiplayer framework with additional tools (Mono).
- NI mate Motion Capture - Animate Skeletons with a Microsoft Kinect sensor.
- NativeLib - Plugin management system designed to easily operate with native libraries for iOS/Android. It also takes care about plugin dependencies and provides hassle-free native libs updating. Attribution and analytics: Adjust, Amplitude, AppsFlyer, Flurry, GameAnalytics, Tenjin. Ads networks and mediation: AdColony, AppLovin, TapDaq. GDPR and privacy: App Tracking Transparency, Ogury. Social: Facebook. Universal backend solution: Firebase.
- Qodot - Quake
.mapfile support for Godot. Lets you use TrenchBroom for level design.
- Scatter - Randomly fill an area with props or other scenes.
- Shell Fur - 3D fur node for Godot.
- SmartShape2D - A 2D terrain tool.
- Tree generator - Tool for generating trees.
- UI Design Tool - Intuitive design workflow for UIs in the editor.
- Volumetrics - Voxel-based volumetric lighting and fog plugin.
- Voxel-Core - GDScript voxel plugin for creating, importing and editing voxel content in-engine and in-game.
- VPainter - 3D vertex painting plugin.
- Waterways - Tool to generate river meshes with flow and foam maps based on Bézier curves.
- Wwise - Wwise audio middleware integration.
- XSM - A fully-featured hierarchical State Machine with parallel states, easy animation, random states and more.
- Yume Visual Novel Editor - An integrated editor for creating visual novel games.
- FMOD GDNative - Plugin to use the FMOD audio engine in GDScript.
- gdstats - A library of pseudorandom number generators for common statistical distributions.
- Auto Tile Layer - Allows automatic 2D tiling using RPG Maker's Autotile format.
- Grass Plugin - A plugin to handle huge amounts of grass, foliages and other vegetations.
- SUTjoystick - Easy gamepad support for GNU/Linux and Windows.
Godot version unknown¶
- Camera2D Screen Shake - Screen shake effect for Camera2D.
- Easing Script - A port of the Robert Penner's equations for easing.
- GDSerCommPlugin - A plugin to read Arduino serial input (needs custom engine modules).
- gdutils - Utilities for Godot written in GDScript.
- Godot Game Tools - Blender plugin to ease importing assets into Godot.
- Polygon Merge - Merge polygons.
- Simplex 2D/3D - Simplex deterministic noise functions.
- Tileset Builder - Build tilesets.
Stuff integrated into Godot core (C++).
Various Godot versions¶
- Entity Spell System - An entity and spell system for complex (optionally multiplayer) RPGs (Godot 3.2, 4.0).
- godot-anl - A wrapper for Accidental Noise Library with a visual noise editing support.
- godot-luaAPI - Module for creating sandboxed modding APIs with Lua (Godot 3.2+, 4.0).
- godot-python - Python support for Godot 3.
- godot-voxel - Module for creating volumetric worlds (Godot 3.1+).
- Gdnet for Godot 3 - An ENet wrapper for Godot 3.
- GodotHook - A lite custom event system for Godot Engine (Godot 3.x, 4.x).
- GodotSteam - Steam API library binding for Godot. Supports Windows, macOS and Linux (Godot 3.x).
- Texture Packer - Tools to layer, pack, and merge textures at runtime (Godot 3.2+, 4.0).
- Voxelman - A voxel engine with more focus on editor integration, gameplay-related features, and extendability (Godot 3.2+, 4.0).
- Flash Module - Use Adobe Animate (Flash) projects in Godot.
- GodotAIGym - Make your Godot project into an OpenAI Gym environment to train RL models with PyTorch.
- godotcord - A wrapper for the Discord Game SDK.
- godot-apple-id - Module for sign in with Apple in Godot.
- godot-simple-state - A minimal finite state machine using nodes, perfect for Jam games.
- Godot-Slicer - A port of Ezy-Slicer for Godot.
- Goost - A general-purpose, extensible and customizable extension.
- PortAudio - Wrapper methods and Godot-friendly types to use PortAudio.
- Speech to Text - Captures the user's microphone input and converts it to text.
- spout-gd - Share OpenGL textures across Windows applications through your GPU using Spout.
- FMOD Integration - Module to integrate the FMOD audio engine in Godot.
Godot version unknown¶
- godot-enet-better - A better ENet module for high-performance multiplayer games with Godot.
- Head tracking using OpenCV
- Open Adaptive Music Library
- NativeDialogs - Using native dialogs in Godot.
- RawPacker - Simple binary packing/unpacking for RawArray.
- spine - Spine animation support module.
- WaterSplash 2D node
GDScript/C# editor support¶
Add-ons for text editors that implement GDScript or C# support.
- Atom - Syntax highlighting.
- Emacs - Syntax highlighting, code folding, indentation and autocompletion.
- Geany - Syntax highlighting.
- Gedit - Syntax highlighting.
- IntelliJ IDEA - Syntax highlighting and autocompletion.
- JetBrains Rider (C#) - Syntax highlighting, autocompletion and run configurations.
- Kakoune - Syntax highlighting.
- GNU Nano - Syntax highlighting.
- Sublime Text - Syntax highlighting.
- Vim - Syntax highlighting, autocompletion and linting using the LSP server provided by the Godot editor. Also supports the Godot shader language.
- Visual Studio Code
- godot-tools Visual Studio Code Extension - A complete set of tools to code games with Godot Engine in Visual Studio Code. Includes a GDScript language client.
- C# Tools for Godot Visual Studio Code Extension - Debugger and utilities for working with Godot C# projects in VSCode.
- GUT Visual Studio Code Extension - Run GUT framework unit/integration tests directly from the Visual Studio Code Editors.
- gdformat Visual Studio Code Extension - Formatter for GDScript in Visual Studio Code (Godot 3.x).
Godot script editor syntax themes¶
Alternative themes for the built-in script editor.
- base16-godot - All base16 themes.
- Godot syntax themes - 13 syntax themes including Ayu Mirage, Darcula, Gruvbox Dark, Monokai, One Dark, Solarized, and more.
- Syntax themes by Geequlim - Chester, Google Code Light and Monokai.
Unofficial Godot builds¶
Those builds will let you use recent versions of Godot Git, but they may be less stable than official ones – use at your own risk.
- Calinou's builds - Mainly master branch, other branches can be found here.
- iFire's builds - Distributed via Itch.io (automatic updates with app), master branch only.
- Raspberry Pi 4 builds - ARM builds of Godot Engine for the Raspberry Pi 4.
- bend-n's 2D builds - Godot builds optimized for size with these modules disabled. Also includes misc non breaking patches.
Bash scripts can be placed in
- build-godot - (and build-godot-mono) Scripts that compile and run Godot, attempting to install dependencies if needed.
- godot.sh - Script that automatically downloads and launches latest version of Godot, or compiles and launches the Git
- godot-wrapper - Script that helps Debian and Ubuntu users install and use Godot.
- replicate-file.sh - Script to update copies of a file with one master file.
- Godot Asset Library - Official Godot Asset Library. Includes user-created games, projects, templates, demos, tutorials, plugins, and scripts.
- Godot Shaders - A community-driven shader library for the Godot game engine.
- Godotes - Weekly micro data analysis reports about the Godot engine and its ecosystem.
- Gotm.io - A website for hosting HTML5 games that were made in Godot.
- The Godot Report - A newsletter with news, tutorials, game and demo releases and more.
- codetranslator - Translates GDScript to C# (WIP).
- gd2cs.py - Python script that converts GDScript code to C# (WIP).
- gdscript-pp - Translates GDScript to GDNative C++ (WIP).
gd-comnpm package - Communicate with Godot clients using Node.js.
- godot-actions - Composite actions for exporting, setting up, and pushing Godot projects to itch.io through Github Actions.
- godot-ci - Docker image to export Godot games through CI. Includes GitLab CI script example.
- godot-gdscript-toolkit - Independent set of command line tools for working with GDScript - parser, linter and formatter (Godot 3.x).
- RetroPie Godot Game Engine "Emulator" - A scriptmodule to install a Godot "emulator" for RetroPie.
- strip-to-frames.pl - Perl script to split a grid spritesheet image into numbered individual frame files.
- Godot Package Manager - Package manager for Godot using npm.
- zfoo - Java game server framework for Godot, including GDScript serialization and deserialization.