Awesome Health ¶
Curated list of awesome open source healthcare software, libraries, tools and resources. Each link has been vetted to ensure the project is active and provides value to healthcare facilities, providers, developers, policy experts, and/or research scientists.
- Bahmni - Electronic Medical Record and hospital system.
- Cottage Med - Electronic Medical Record software designed by physicians.
- GNU Health - Electronic Medical Record, Hospital Management, and Health Information System.
- GNUmed - Electronic Medical Record software.
- EHRBase OpenEHR Clinical Data Repository.
- EHRServer - CaboLabs EHRServer.
- ERPNext - Modules that help manage patients, appointments, consultations, lab tests, and billing.
- FreeMedForms EMR - Electronic Medical Record software.
- HospitalRun - Helps provide the most modern Hospital Information System possible to the least resourced environments.
- HOSxP - Thai Hospital Information System that aims to ease the healthcare workflow of health centers and central hospitals.
- LibreHealth EHR - Clinically-focused Electronic Health Record System.
- MedinTux - French Medical Practice Management System.
- Medplum - Developer platform that enables flexible and rapid development of healthcare apps.
- Odoo Medical - Universal Health and Hospital Information System.
- OpenClinic - Medical Records System.
- OpenEMR - Electronic Health Records and Medical Practice Management application.
- OpenEyes - Electronic Medical Record application for ophthalmology.
- Open Hospital - Electronic Medical Record software for underprivileged rural hospitals.
- openMAXIMS - Full Patient Administration System designed for the NHS.
- OpenMRS - Enterprise Electronic Medical Record System platform.
- OSCAR EMR - OSCAR McMaster Project.
- Ozone HIS - The entreprise-grade integrated health information system built with OpenMRS 3
- Ripple - NHS-funded, community led initiative working towards an integrated Digital Care Record Platform.
- Continuity of Care Document - Continuity of Care Document specifications
- Continuity of Care Record - Specifications for the older form of CCD - sometimes called a "C32".
- DICOM Standards Browser - Provides an effective way to learn the DICOM standard and inspect DICOM attributes.
- FHIR - Fast Health Interoperability Resources.
- HL7 Version 2 - Specifications for all versions of HL7v2
- OHDSI OMOP Common Data Model - Standardized data model for many healthcare concepts, awesome Github presence including scripts for many major relational databases.
- OpenEHR - Open specification upon which software can be built.
- Open mHealth - Open Standard For Mobile Health Data.
- SMART on FHIR - Open standards based technology platform.
- OpenEP - Suite of medicines management apps that improve the safety and efficiency of prescribing and medicines management.
- open-eObs - Observation and clinical assessment platform that offers a real-time view of all patients across a ward.
- 3D Slicer - Cross-platform application for analyzing, visualizing and understanding medical image data.
- Cornerstone - Open source project with a goal to deliver a complete web based medical imaging platform.
- dcm4che - Clinical Image and Object Management.
- Dicoogle - Dicoogle is an extensible, platform-independent and open-source PACS
- Drishti - Tomography and electron-microscopy data visualizer for both scientists and lay people.
- DICOMcloud - A standalone DICOMweb server with RESTful implementation of the DICOMweb/WADO services.
- DICOM Server - OSS Implementation of DICOMweb standard.
- Fiji - Open-source platform for biological-image analysis.
- Horos - Medical image viewer.
- InVesalius - Open source software for reconstruction of computed tomography and magnetic ressonance images.
- ITK - Toolkit used for the development of image segmentation and image registration programs with leading-edge algorithms in 2 and 3 dimensions.
- ITK-SNAP - Interactive software for 3 dimensional image navigation, annotation, and automatic segmentation with an emphasis on user-friendliness.
- LibreHealth Radiology - Customized version of LibreHealth Toolkit with additional tools for radiology and imaging professionals.
- Kaapana - Open source toolkit for state of the art platform provisioning in the field of medical data analysis.
- Kheops - Open source platform for sharing medical images
- OHIF - OHIF zero-footprint DICOM viewer and oncology specific Lesion Tracker.
- Omero - open source client/server system written in Java for visualizing, managing, and annotating microscope images and metadata
- OpenREM - Radiation Exposure Monitoring for physicists.
- OpenSlide - is a C library for reading whole slide image files.
- Orthanc - Lightweight DICOM server for healthcare and medical research.
- Slim - Interoperable web viewer and annotation tool for computational pathology.
- Viv - multiscale visualization of high-resolution multiplexed bioimaging data on the web.
- VTK - 3 dimensional visualization toolkit supporting a variety of algorithms and modeling techniques.
- OpenELIS - Laboratory Information System for Global Health.
- SENAITE - Laboratory Information Management System.
- API Server - FHIR Server to support patient- and clinician-facing apps.
- Blaze - A FHIR Store with internal, fast CQL Evaluation Engine
- CareKit - Open source software framework for creating apps that help people better understand and manage their health.
- Clinical Meteor project - Meteor for FDA, HIPAA, and HL7 compliant applications.
- Clinical Quality Language - Clinical Quality Language is a HL7 standard for the expression of clinical knowledge.
- CyclOps - Framework for healthcare ML implementation.
- FHIRBase - Storage based on the FHIR Standard.
- FHIR Proxy - secure application that acts as an intermediary in the transfer of FHIR data to and from Azure API.
- FHIR Works on AWS - FHIR Works on AWS deployment.
- FHIR Server for Azure - A .NET Core implementation of the FHIR standard.
- Intervention Engine FHIR Server - Generic FHIR server implementation in GoLang.
- LinuxForHealth FHIR Server - Modular Java implementation of version 4 of the HL7 FHIR specification.
- Medblocks UI - Web Components for rapid development of openEHR and FHIR systems.
- Opal - Framework for building clinical applications.
- ResearchKit - Software framework that makes it easy to create apps for medical research or for other research projects.
- Spark - Public domain FHIR server developed in C#.
- Sushi - a reference implementation command-line interpreter/compiler for FHIR
- Swift-SMART - Swift SMART on FHIR framework for iOS and OS X.
- Android FHIR SDK - The Android FHIR SDK
- Archie - OpenEHR Library written in Java.
- Asymmetrik FHIR API Server - A secure REST implementation for the HL7 FHIR Specification.
- Datamol - Molecular Manipulation Made Easy. A light Python wrapper build on top of RDKit.
- DCMTK - DICOM Toolkit.
- dicom - High Performance DICOM Medical Image Parser in GoLang.
- ehrapy - Electronic Health Record analysis in Python.
- Evil-DICOM - C# DICOM Library.
- Fellow Oak DICOM - DICOM for .NET, .NET Core, Universal Windows, Android, iOS, Mono, and Unity.
- FHIRKit Client - Node FHIR client library.
- FHIRModels - FHIRModels is a Swift library for FHIR resource data models.
- FHIR .NET API - The official .NET API for HL7 FHIR.
- FHIR protocol buffers - A Google implementation of protocol buffers for FHIR.
- Graphir - GraphQL interface over FHIR API
- HAPI FHIR - Java API for HL7 FHIR Clients and Servers.
- Hearth - A fast FHIR-compliant server focused on longitudinal data stores.
- Health data standards - Ruby library for generating and consuming various healthcare related formats. These include HITSP C32, QRDA Category I, and QRDA Category III.
- Hermes - a SNOMED CT terminology server.
- MITK - The Medical Imaging Interaction Toolkit.
- Node HL7 - Node module that is bridged with the Java Hapi HL7 library.
- Node-hl7-parser - Open source version of Redox's HL7 v2 to schema-fied JSON parser.
- php-fhir - Tools for creating PHP classes from the HL7 FHIR Specification.
- pynetdicom - A Python implementation of the DICOM networking protocol.
- Python HL7 - Simple library for parsing messages of HL7 version 2.x into Python objects.
- Python SMART on FHIR client - Flexible Python client for FHIR servers supporting the SMART on FHIR protocol.
- Python 835 Parser - A simple-to-use Python interface to EDI 835 Health Care Claim Payment and Remittance Advice files.
- Ruby FHIR - FHIR client implementation in Ruby.
- Ruby HL7 - Ruby HL7 library.
- Rust FHIR - Rust SDK for HL7 FHIR
- TorchXRayVision - A library for chest X-ray datasets and models. Including pre-trained models.
- Intervention Engine - Provides a web-application for data-driven team huddles.
- SMART Pediatric Growth Chart - Pediatric growth charts.
- Simple - For clinicians to track patients with high blood pressure.
- Tidepool - Data platform to reduce the burden of Type 1 Diabetes.
- HealthLocker - Elixir-based personal health record.
- FHIR Converter - an open source project that enables conversion of health data from legacy formats to FHIR.
- Google HCLS Data Harmonization - an engine that converts data of one structure to another
- NextGen Connect Integration Engine - The swiss army knife of healthcare integration.
- Open eHealth Integration Platform - An extension of the Apache Camel routing and mediation engine
- OpenHIM - Health information mediator.
- Zato - A Python-based ESB and integration platform for healthcare interoperability, automation and orchestration.
- echOpen - Low-cost (affordable) echo-stethoscope.
- Gluco - Glucometer.
- Murgen - Ultrasound imaging development kit.
- OpenAPS - The Open Artificial Pancreas System project is an open and transparent effort to make safe and effective basic Artificial Pancreas System.
- ADAM - Genomics analysis platform.
- Bcbio - Validated, scalable, community developed variant calling, RNA-seq and small RNA analysis.
- Galaxy - Open web-based platform for data intensive biomedical research.
- Wregex - Amino acid motif searching software with optional Position-Specific Scoring Matrix.
- Inspired EHRs - Ideas, designs, and techniques for designing an Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Atlas BI Library The unified report library.
- Caisis - Oncology research software with a Patient Data Management System.
- Cedar - Open source tool for testing the strength of Electronic Clinical Quality Measure.
- cTAKES - Natural Language Processing System for extraction of information from Electronic Medical Record clinical free-text.
- EDS_NLP - provides a set of spaCy components to extract information from clinical notes written in French
- eds-scikit - a tool to assist data scientists working on the AP-HP's Clinical Data Warehouse. It is specifically targeted for OMOP-standardized data.
- IHRIS - Health Information System for management of human resources for health.
- Inferno - Open source tool that tests whether patients can access their health data through a standard interface.
- OpenSAFELY - Secure analytics platform for Electronic Health Records in the NHS.
- Snow Owl - Highly scalable, open source terminology server with revision-control capabilities and collaborative authoring platform features.
- Synthea Patient Generator - Synthetic patient generator that models the medical history of synthetic patients.
- Medical Data for Machine Learning - Curated list of medical data for machine learning.
- Determinants of Health - Determinants of Health Visualization.
- Health Icons - A collection of open source icons for public health projects.
- MEDIC Client Registry RI - The Mohawk College MARC-HI/MEDIC Client Registry EMPI Implementation.
- Healthcare.ai - Python and R tools for healthcare machine learning.
- MedicalGPT - Training Your Own Medical GPT Model with ChatGPT Training Pipeline.
- MONAI - AI Toolkit for Healthcare Imaging.
- PyHealth - A Deep Learning Python Toolkit for Healthcare Application.
- Tapirx - Networked medical device discovery and identification.
- ID3C - Data logistics system enabling real-time genomic epidemiology.
- OpenBoxes - an Open Source Inventory and Supply Chain Management System.
- OpenLMIS - Open source, web-based, electronic logistics management information system (LMIS) software, purpose-built to manage health commodity supply chains.